fairy image



March 01, 2007
"A Trip Around The World"
I finished my first quilt ever! What an accomplishment for me. I had tried years ago and none of my squares were not the same. This quilt is called "A Trip Around The World". I made it big enough to go over the sides of my king size bed. I go to mental health day treatment program and the workers there helped me make it. They showed me short cuts about lining up the squares by sewing long strips together and then turn it around and the the different color strips and cut them into squares.
Every one said I did a good job, I did most of the cutting and all the sewing. For a first time quilt they said I did good.
I've got one almost done to Brandy, my granddaughter, I'm cutting out one for my daughter, Dawn. Then I have to make one for Austin, Bruce and Tessa, Dawn's other children. Dawn if you read this, tell me some colors Austin likes. I don't want to make juvenile one for them, since they are growing up.
Then I have to make one for my son, Nate and his wife, Margaret. I have to pick a color scheme that matches their bedroom. The curtains are beige and walls are a olive color. For my granddaughter, Elizabeth, I have angels in mind. I don't know yet what to make their other children, Lucas and Jacob.
I want to make one for Laura. I'm waiting until it is time for her wedding. She likes browns and beige's. And then I was going to put a Celtic wedding ring circles on it. I will give it to them as their wedding present.
I'm going to make a kaleidoscope one for me from all the scraps I will have left.
I hope I can make them all and not get bored with it. I also want to make a star quilt, but I want that to be a Star of David stars. I think that will be cool.
 

Comments: Post a Comment