fairy image



December 27, 2006
Christmas
Hi everyone. How was your Christmas. Considering how depressed I have been in the last couple of months, I had a great Christmas. I tryed to think more on Christmas. Like Jesus, the homeless, the less fortunate, our troops oversees,and the world full of people going through their own hurts and pains. It did make me fill better.
I meant some nice friends at day treatment at Mental Health. They struggle but we all help each other to get through it. Bill, me and my brother Dave went to the Catholic church w/friends from day treatment. Every year the Knights of Columbus puts on the dinner, I think that is who it is. You leave a donation. The food was good and we all had a good time. Bill's dad, who lives with us did not want to go. We brought him back 2 large takeout boxes, so he could have Christmas dinner.

This year has gone so fast. It gets that way every year. It must be I'm getting older. Maybe next year I will be employed or even living in another state.
I would like to get to know my grandchildren. My son Nathanial has 3 children. A boy,Jacob, then a set of twins, Elizabeth and Lucas.
They live in NY. My daugter Dawn lives in Texas,with her kids and hubby. Austin, Tessa, Bruce, and Brandy. So which state do I move to. I forgot to put this in I mind was moving more than my typing. Sorry Dawn I did not forget you.
Our family didn't do much with the presents this year since I'm not working.

A friend gave me a home crazy quilt and it fits my king size bed. I love it and it was my best Christmas present. It is so pretty.

I quit smoking, cold turkey, 2 days before Thanksgiving. I have been smoking 4 to 8 cigarettes a day for the last 2yrs. I had quit in 1980 to 2004. I could not believe I got hooked again. But now the cravings are gone. I did gain about 8lbs. so far. But I am back to exercising and the next step is to start eating healthy foods. I say healthy food because if you go on a diet, after you lose weight some people, like me, go back to eating the bad stuff. So I have to make this a life long commitment. Healthy, Healthy, Healthy. Ugh, until I get use to it. I am a carb junkie, but then most depressed people are.

Everyone have a Happy New Year!!
 

Comments:

Good for you on quitting smoking. Maybe I'll be next. I've quit twice for long periods and stupidly started back.

Thanks for dropping by the blog and glad you had a good Christmas.

We do what we can for others which sometimes doesn't seem like much. If nothing else, I try to let people know of inexpensive ways to help (like Heifer Int'l, etc.)

I have you on Bloglines and I've been watching for a post. Glad you're back.
 

You know, I can remember when you smoked the first time when I was little? I remember you quiting, too.

I am not surprised that Jason skipped the dinner. He doesn't like Christmas much. Did you get to have a tree this year? I think I have been super depressed and now I am relieved that Christmas is over! I feel better and want to do things I haven't wanted to. I even took the kids to the pool at the resort today. I get you about the carbs. I eat and stuff my face with them all the time. Bad Dawn, bad!
 
Post a Comment